Thursday, October 06, 2005

I work at Logos to make the Ultimate Wiktionary happen

Ultimate Wiktionary is this thing that I want to happen badly. I will do everything to make it happen. I will even go to Italy to do so.

I did go to Modena (Italy) to make it happen. Modena is where the Logos Group is based. They have been working for 20 years on an online database. This resource is huge; this resource is important. It has between 7 and 10 miljon lemmas. It has an active community of translators working on the content and it is my pleasure to help make this resource even better.

One of the things Logos wants to do is to cooperate with the Wiktionary communities and as Ultimate Wiktionary is also to be implemented in an Mediawiki environment, what does make more sense then to join the resources of two vibrant communities ?

Thanks,
GerardM

No comments: